Man City won Super Cup in their first attempt
After completing their Treble this season It seems that there is nothing stopping the Premier League giants Man City. As a result now they have won the Super cup by defeating Sevilla and adding one more silverware to their collection. Though it was a neck to neck fight, Sevilla had taken the lead in the 25′ through the goal of Nesyri but could not hold the back to back attacks by City’s forwards. City equalized in 63′ when Cole Palmer converted the assist from Rodri to goal. But the crown was settled through Penalties.
Minutes of Match (Man City vs Sevilla)
- Goal by Yossuf El Neysri in 25′(Assist by M Acuna)
- Half Time
- Goal by Cole Palmer in 63′ (Assist provided by Rodri)
- Full Time
- First Penalty scored by Erling Haaland from City’s side.
- Lucas Ocampos opened the score sheet from Sevilla
- City 2nd Penalty was converted by Julian Alvarez
- Rafa Mir converted the second penalty from Sevilla
- 3rd Penalty was scored by Mateo Kovacic for City
- Sevilla yet again equalized from Ivan Rakitic Penalty
- Jack Grealish from city makes the score 4-3
- Gonzalo Montiel of Sevilla equalized the Penalty Score
- Last and winning Penalty for City was scored by Kyle Walker
- Nemanja Gudelj from Sevilla Misses the Penalty
City crowned as Super Cup Champions in their Maiden attempt.
Man City New Additions in Transfer Window Till date
City has strengthen its squad in the current Transfer window with the addition of Players like Defensive Midfielder Mateo Kovacic from Chelsea and Croatian Defensive sensation of World cup Josko Gvardiol from RB Leipzig (8.66 Million Usd) making him the second most expensive defender in Premier League History after Maguire. also the loan Tenure of Joe Cancelo has ended with German Heavyweights Bayern Munchen. Let’s see who can stop the Silverware winning Streak of Pep Guardiola and Manchester City.
- Messi’s Masterclass takes Inter Miami to Leagues Cup Final